Plan of the Program
The program is implemented in 4 stages:
1. December 2014 – May 2015 Research in England, Greece and Italy to assess current practices in children’s education and treatment with autism between the ages of 5-10 years old.
2. May 2015 – January 2016 Translation, adaptation and pilot implementation of the training program of the Autism Education Trust –Developing Good Practice in Autism.
3. January 2016 – June 2016 Open call for the implementation of the program in schools and morning / afternoon mental health settings.
4. September 2016 – June 2017 a) Application training and selection, training and monitoring of selected training centers. b) The research team will translate, adapt and implement the pilot tools of the Autism Education Trust Good Practice in Autism: Competency Framework, Guidelines for Professionals and Autism Standards for Good Practice in School units or Mental Health settings. These are two tools that each can be used by any professional / teacher in order either to reflect / evaluate the quality of educational work and his / her competence (Competency Framework), or to allow the School Director or the Director of a school unit or a mental health setting to evaluate the practical framework of his/her setting based on the standards of good practice and to formulate an action plan to improve them (Autism Standards).
5. 2017- today Open call for the implementation of the program in schools and morning / afternoon mental health settings.